Wednesday, August 09, 2006

~Insert clever title here~

Wow, what a week. Things here have been super busy and super hot. (thus the inability to think of a title..overworked and overheated)

Last Thursday we went to the fair. The kids had a great time. I on the other hand realized how old I am getting. Now, don’t get me wrong, I’m only 32; but I came to realize I can’t quite handle those spinning rides quite like I used to. So after the first one I quickly decided it was time for mom to just sit back and watch. There were lots of fair entries and some great crafts and vendors. I have to say one of my favorite items were the beaded bikinis (which after having four kids I am also to old for). They were in the coolest colors and had strings of beads hanging from them. If I were only a lot younger, thinner and firmer I would have had to have one of those!!

Saturday I spent the day at the Scrapbook Tour. I opted out of classes this year and decided to just shop and enter the layout contest. I also went so I could finally meet Ginger in person after all this time. After I saw some of the projects she was doing I was wishing I had taken one of her classes. They got to use the new Party on Line which was really cool looking. The shopping really left a lot to be desired. I think it is because I shop online so much that I am spoiled. I did find the flower jars from Fancy Pants Designs that I have been wanting and some paper from Piggy Tales. I got the Humpty Dumpty line, Frog Prince line and a couple sheets of the Snow White line. I also got a great paper rack to hold my paper. Now everything is sorted and filed and so east to find! Love it!



I won 2nd place in the layout contest…I used some great papers from Scrapworks that I won at CKC in the Colors of Me contest. I also finally got a chance to print a 12x9 photo with my HP 8750.

I also spent part of the day shopping for clothes at one of my favorite stores. (Which I enjoyed more than shopping for the scrap stuff). I got some great deals and walked out with 6 great tops for $35.


I finally got everything moved around, reorganized and my paper rack put in here on Monday. I love how much easier it is to work when things are organized and easy to find. I finally got the chance to play with my new Piggy Tales paper last night. I finished four layouts, a card and an altered cutting board…all in one evening!! Here is the card I made (I’ll share the others soon too)


I didn’t get a lot of time online today because DD was trying to win concert tickets to see Casting Crowns. That is her favorite group so she listened for 10 hours straight trying to win. I really wish she would have gotten them but she never made it through at the right time. She is getting a new piano book next week with their songs in it and seems really excited about that. Well, that and the fact I told her we’d also pick up the new CD. (ok, I admit it, they are one of my favorites too)

Well, that pretty much gets me caught up for the last week. I leave you with this final project and accompanying quote:

Happiness resides not in possessions and not in gold, happiness dwells in the soul. -~Democritus

2 comments:

Heather D. White said...

Hey Tami! I absolutely love that new paper you picked up...I don't think I've ever even heard of them before. The projets you did are awesome. LOVE your layout that won the layout contest...no wonder you won!! Love your work, girl and I love the quote for today...SO TRUE!

Linda Beeson said...

Really jealous of that Scrapbook Tour - sounds way too fun and that layout is the BEST! WOW on that big picture!!!