Tuesday, September 18, 2007

My new book...

Well, it would have only been one more week... One more week until the book came out with 45 of my new card sketches. I am told it is going to be amazing! I know several of the designers who did the over 220 cards and trust me...it will be AMAZING thanks to them. But, alas, I suppose for some reason it wasn't meant to be just yet. If you read the CPS blog you know that the publisher has decided to hold off on releasing the book until September of *next* year.

Several people have sent me notes of support and mentioned how disappointed I must be.I want to thank everyone for their kind words and support, it really means a lot to me. I have to say that I really am disappointed after waiting this long and then finding out my "dream" isn't coming true quite like I had thought it would. But, I also know God takes care of things like this. He does it is *His* timing, not mine. In Luke 22:42 Jesus said: "...nevertheless, not My will but Yours, be done." And you know, if Jesus had not died on that cross according to God's will I would have no hope for the future. I want to live my life in His image, having faith that whatever happens it is according to His will. I really believe that for some reason this was meant to be this way. More than once in my designing I have wanted something (I thought) so badly and it didn't work out the way I had hoped. But I moved on and then He brought about something even more wonderful than I had dreamed of. So, yes, I am pretty disappointed but I will eat my fudge brownie ice cream, suck it up and just wait to see what God has planned for this venture.

Now, in the mean time, I am going to just keep working on and sharing my sketches.


4 comments:

Lori Craig said...

Tami ~ Your blog is *awesome* I love your sketches and your CHF designs! I am so excited that we are going to be working together! I am sorry about your news today. I'll be praying that the what and whys are revealed to you, very soon. Missouri hugs!

Keri Lee Sereika said...

Girl, we all know things happen for a reason! Way to go to remember that now rather than in hindsight! And enjoy your icecream!!! :)
K

KardKrazy said...

Tami, your post made me think: If your book had gotten published, you wouldn't have had the opportunity to share such a powerful testimony.
Now, there's something that will last!

Mandi Miller said...

Hey there, first of all, congrats on the book. It will be wonderful when it is released! I'm sorry for the disappointment and know...as you stated...that God is in control and it's in His timing. Just keep Praising Him known the less!!!!

Love ya girl!