Friday, May 22, 2009

Papertrey Ink Stars and Flourishes

I have been anxiously waiting for my package from Papertrey Ink to come this week and was happy to see DH carry it in the door yesterday afternoon. I ordered the Star Prints set and Fancy Flourishes set from the May releases.  I also got the Fiskars XL star punch which works perfectly with the star set. I have tons of ideas running through my head for these and can tell already they will be put to good use. Now to just find the time! I decided to try them out quickly first thing this morning while I had a chance. I used them for this week's Clean and Simple challenge. I used Prism's white linen card stock (my new favorite card base). I stamped the flourish and greeting in black. The star was stamped on Prism Simply Smooth card stock using Vivid Hot Red ink from Clearsnap, punched with Fiskars XL star punch and attached with a 3D foam square. 



Back later with more from these great new sets! Thanks for visiting :)

4 comments:

Heather in FL said...

Man...I'm trying so hard to resist the flourishes. I have other flourishes...I feel like I should use those before I add more. But wow, this is a great example of how they go well with the set I *did* get -- Star Prints. Very nice job.

Keri Lee Sereika said...

This is so fresh and simple.. the kind of card that is NOT EASY to do well but you have succeeded!!

Paula Pascual said...

Love the simplicity and the stricking colors. Very well balanced.

i {heart} papers said...

Love the black and the splash of color.