Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Sometimes you just gotta give up...

I'll admit it. I hate clutter and messes. They drive me nuts. My daughter says "Mom, normal people have messes". Um, well, too bad. I don't want to be normal. I seem to spend most of my time cleaning my desk so I can work...well, I finally gave up. See this little guy?

He's my buddy. He is 9 months old today and likes to hang out right by my side pretty much at all times. So, on the rare occasion that he is content with playing with his toys instead of me that is my chance. (Naptime? HA! Um, no.)

Well, today it happened, he decided to play. So, I decided I was going to play. Mess or no mess. I just sat in the floor surrounded by stampy goodness...the results? 2 layouts, a tag, 2 cards...a spilled cup of coffee and a floor that now looks like my desk...well, if you could SEE the floor that is :) But I am happy....until I go back in and look at the mess.

So, here is a couple of the cards I made today.

Supplies:
Card stock: Prism Papers
Pattern: Basic Grey
Stamps: Gina K Designs
Ink: Clearsnap
Dies: Spellbinders
Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L (TM)-E-Z Runner and 3D Foam Squares

Supplies:
Card stock: Prism Papers
Pattern: Sassafra
Stamps: Gina K Designs
Ink: Clearsnap
Dies: Spellbinders
Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L (TM)-E-Z Runner and 3D Foam Squares

Also, don't forget that the Mega Font Hop starts tomorrow (Thursday) at 8 am ESTon the JustRite blog!!...It's a 2 day event with 54 of your favorite designers. There will be blog candy and an announcement that you won't want to miss!!

More tomorrow!

7 comments:

Melissa Craig said...

Great cards... adorable little guy! I'd give up the messes to play with him.

BabyBokChoy said...

Fabulous cards and if only you know how INCREDIBLY NORMAL I am... LOL

Sharli said...

What a neat post! I love that you let yourself go to wild abandon and stamped! You GO Girl!!!

The cards are just wonderful - I especially love the paper pieced dress with the banner of same paper behind the focal point! It's a great card! The second one is also wonderful. Your time was well invested. You should "let go" more.

oh, and he's just adorable!

TexasGrammy said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwww, Tami!
Such a cool story! And on-the-floor stamping has even been done here at my house when keeping one of the little guys! You made me smile with your story, as well as your boatload of accomplishments!

~Bev

Micki said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Micki said...

What a cutey! I gave up some time ago on keeping everything nice & neat, lol. I was spending my precious time cleaning instead of creating (now I found shallow bins work wonders to contain stuff, lol).

Love the cards and come on, you gotta admit...sometimes it's fun not to worry about the mess and just create!!!
:-)

Amanda Profumo said...

Your baby is precious!
Love your cards! That dress is super cute!