Sunday, January 24, 2010

A Fond Farewell to Prism Papers (Photo heavy)

Today is the first day of CHA. Typically I am excited to see what's new and all the great booth photos. This time around I just can't seem to find the excitement. Maybe it is the fact that everything is showing up in shades of purple? Um, yeah. NOT a fan of purple. Suppose I'll have to suck it up and learn to like it for a season.

But, I think the lack of excitement for me comes from the news released by Mark, manage of Prism Papers, last week:


Prism Papers has spent the past 5 years building up the Prismatics brand, with its rich and vibrant colors, along with the unique watercolor texture, to be a unique and much needed addition to the crafting industry. After much work and dedication in providing top service – we, regretfully, will be exiting the craft industry as of Feb 26, 2010.

Yes, you read that correctly. Prism's Prismatics line has been sold to Bazzill and they will no longer be a part of the scrapbook/stamp scene.

I have had the great opportunity to work with this outstanding company for the last 3 1/2 years and serve as design team coordinator since January of 2007. Prism was more than just a line of gorgeous papers to me, it was an outstanding company with some of the best customer service in the business. A company I was more than happy to stand behind and promote.
When the announcement was made it was a strange feeling to realize that this company would no longer be--- no more design team chatter, no blog projects, CHA samples, no new magazine projects, color matching or searching magazines for the newest ads. But, as disappointing as it may be I know all good things must come to an end. As the last of the blog projects are posted on the company blog and the emails go out about final inventory the reality of it all has set in. From a great friendship with Jamie, the most awesome customer service rep around, to a lineup of majorly talented designers to opportunities to work with products from companies like Basic Grey, Cosmo Cricket, Sassafras Lass, Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L, Spellbinders and more. I am thankful for those who I have crossed paths with along the way and I look now to the future and seek the positive. A time filled with less paperwork and design team commitments and a time of more creativity and new opportunities.

So, today as I face the reality of it all... a few of my favorite past {all card stock} Prism projects to share:

Layout for my design team application. From the ribbon to the buckle, buttons and paperclip-- Everything created from card stock:



Featured in ads/catalogs/flyers:













CHA Projects:













And, finally, featuring some of my favorite Prism colors:







Thanks for stopping by. May your day be richly blessed.

8 comments:

BabyBokChoy said...

Must the design team chatter stop? I don't plan to not read your blog all of a sudden. Who is going to call me Zero?

Juliana said...

How incredibly sad! I truly enjoyed the Prismatics line!!!

On a brighter note--I REALLY like these layouts and projects, Tami!!! BEAUTIFULLY DONE!

Donna said...

I just heard on Sat! It is sad - love all your projects!

Jeanne S said...

Right there with you Girl! It's been a fum ride and I'll miss it and you as my awesome DT Coordinator.

Sniff, sniff

Jeanne S said...

Make that a fun ride. ;)

Tex said...

Oh Tami.
I had hoped that I had only heard a bad rumor. This is indeed sad news. I adore my Prism cardstocks. They were indeed fortunate to have you on their team.

~Bev
http://SavorTheJourney.blogs.SplitCoastStampers.com

Alice said...

oh Tami - that is such a bummer - I'm so sorry. I love Prism cardstock and have used it almost exclusively for the last 4 or 5 years - ever since they partnered with Karen Foster. The colors are so rich and unique... it's too bad they are closing - glad to hear Bazzill will pick up the line - but it stinks for the rest of the company.

I'm sure there will be lots of new doors opening for you! Looking forward to seeing what your future brings!

文章 said...

走光,色遊戲,情色自拍,kk俱樂部,好玩遊戲,免費遊戲,貼圖區,好玩遊戲區,中部人聊天室,情色視訊聊天室,聊天室ut,成人遊戲,免費成人影片,成人光碟,情色遊戲,情色a片,情色網,性愛自拍,美女寫真,亂倫,戀愛ING,免費視訊聊天,視訊聊天,成人短片,美女交友,美女遊戲,18禁,三級片,自拍,後宮電影院,85cc,85cc免費影片,免費影片,線上遊戲,色情遊戲,日本a片,美女,avdvd,色情遊戲,情色貼圖,女優,偷拍,情色視訊,愛情小說,85cc成人片,成人貼圖站,成人論壇,080聊天室,080苗栗人聊天室,免費a片,視訊美女,視訊做愛,免費視訊,伊莉討論區,sogo論壇,台灣論壇,plus論壇,維克斯論壇,自拍