Thursday, September 16, 2010

Gina K Designs Monthly Challenge

This month's challenge is to create a project inspired by one of your favorite fall memories. When I looked at this set I has to ask "how does this tie into this month's theme". When I did it brought me back to one special memory that I hold very dear to my heart and which the outcome lead me to rely on the whole theme of my newest set "faith". It was October 1999. I was 25 at the time and my two oldest kids were 4 and 2. We went to visit my brother in law that Friday evening. Even though it was almost 11 years ago I remember it like it was yesterday. I can remember the exact outfit my daughter had on. A little yellow skort and flower pint shirt that her grandma got her for her 4th birthday that June along with a pair of white sandals. My son was wearing his favorite overall shorts and a red shirt. He carried a tiny plastic gorilla figurine tightly in his hand as he ate a piece of pizza that had been delivered. I can still hear the squeal of delight from my daughter as she would throw leaves at her Uncle and run away as he chased her. I remember sitting on that porch and thinking I should have brought my camera and next time I would remember. I remember as we got in the truck my daughter said "I love you" to her uncle and he smiled and told her he loved her too as my son yelled "see you soon baboon" in his little giggly 2 year old voice. I remember my son dropped his toy in the leaves and lost it that evening and we told him we would get it when we came back. That was one of those beautiful fall days I will never forget.

But, then brings me to the part that ties in to this stamp set. It was late the next night when I was awakened by the news that my brother in law was killed in a car accident. He and my husband were very close and he was like a big brother to me. I have to say it was one of the hardest times in my life. And I truly can say that it was nothing other than our faith in God and His comfort that got us through that time. I thought about him every day for years and still think of him often and miss his smile and joking ways so very much. But, thanks to Jesus Christ our Risen Savior who died on the cross so that we might have life I have faith that not only some day we will see him again but he is right there with Jesus with no more tears or sorrows. I cherish that special evening just visiting and being carefree. I learned not to take any moment for granted because you never know where there might not be a "next time" to go back or do it again. I take photos every chance I get and my husband went back and found my son's lost toy still laying in the leaves. I still have it and I look back at that simple toy with tears in my eyes and a smile on my heart, knowing without faith how easy it would be to lose hope and thanking Jesus for saving not only me but those I love as well. And with that my card....



Faithful Florals stamp set, card stock, and ribbon all from Gina K Designs.


For all the information about how to enter your card into this month's challenge, please visit GinaK's blog, then check out these participating designer's blogs for more inspiration using the newly released stamp sets available through GinaK Designs:

17 comments:

buggin2stamp said...

Praise God for the strength He provides ever day! What an incredible testimony of your Faith in Him. Thank you for sharing your memory. Your card is beautiful and your stamp set is my favorite from this past release. Now it is even more so, knowing what lead you to create it. Hugs!

Kay S said...

Tami - your card is beautiful and the story brought tears to my eyes. I can relate because today would have been my brother's 53rd birthday but he never made it to his 21st birthday. He passed away 32 years ago in early Sept. and your words about faith ring so true. I would not have made it thru that time either without faith. Blessings to you and your family.

Juli Smith, SU! Demo said...

Wow Tami - THANK YOU for sharing your amazing memory with us! I truly appreciate your candidness about the carefree time, the deep loss and the even deeper faith. Your card is a lovely expression of all three. God bless!

Lagene said...

Very Pretty card, Love the colors and how the ribbon ties it all together!

Lee (LuvLee on SCS) said...

Your card is simply stunning!!! And a very touching tribute too! HUGS!

Melissa Cash said...

Tami, such a beautiful card and a beautiful story of love and faith.

Becky said...

Fabulous colors and I love that ribbon.

NinaB said...

I love that verse and great card, Tami.

tlgirl353 said...

Tami- Thank you for sharing! Your card expresses your memories perfectly!

catdidit said...

What a wonderfully touching story Tami, thank you for sharing that and your Faith! Hugsssss!! And your card is a stunner of course, as always!

Carla (cmsuto) said...

Thanks for sharing your memory with us, Tami. It truly is a story of love and faith. Your card is absolutely beautiful.

Carolyn King said...

Beautiful card Tami. Love how you used the ribbon over the stamping. I am sorry to hear about the loss of your brother in law. Hold on tight to those precious memories.

Theresa Momber said...

Your card and story are beautiful!

Miesje said...

Thanks for sharing your story - wonderful and makes this stamp set even more special! Love the card! Perfect.

Jennie said...

Beautiful and touching post Tami. The Lord definitely is the only one who can bring about comfort in such difficult times. Beautiful card and this is one of my favorite stamp sets due to the beautiful images/verses and now also for the testimony of His grace in life's trials.. Thank you for sharing...

joy said...

Love the simplicity of your card because it makes the sentiment the center of attention. And isn't that the way faith is -- simple so that the attention is on Jesus Christ. Thank you for your story - it helped me to realize how important each little memory is. God Bless you.

Donna said...

Love this CAS card!!