Thursday, September 29, 2011

Gina K Designs Preserving Memories Blog Hop

Welcome to the Preserving Memories blog hop! Members of Gina K.'s Design Team have come together to host a hop where we will share with you scrapbook projects - we hope this will inspire you to dust off those photographs and get scrappin'!

If you came from Tina Gilliland's blog, you're at the right place. If not make sure to head over to StampTV where you will find a list of all those participating in today's hop.

Admittedly, even though I started scrapbooking 14 years ago since starting card making it has been quite some time since I have done a page. It was nice sitting down and looking through old photos to see what I wanted to work with. I chose a photo of my husband and girls from quite a few years ago and below is what I came up with. I combined stamps from 3 of my stamp sets for this page. I used hearts from my very first set, Special Delivery, to create the border and accent behind the wording. I used a tag from one of my most popular sets, All Occasion Tags; and, the wording is from my latest set Home is.


Stamps: Gina K Designs: Home is, Special Delivery, All Occasion Tags; Patterned papers: Echo Park Paper; Ink: Clearsnap Stephanie Barnard Line; Tag dies: Spellbinders Grommet Tags; Ribbon: Creative Impressions; Gems: Bo Bunny; Scor-pal scoring tool and Scor-Tape

And there you have it! Another page added to my collection. Have to say it was a nice change of pace. Might have to try it again soon :)

Head on over to Lee Murphy's blog to see what she's sharing with you today!

22 comments:

Bev Gerard said...

Okay ...
Is it really "this easy"!!!!
What a too-sweet scrappy page, Tami! Is it truly possible that this "Mimi"/"Grammy" could even possibly start chartering/scrapping from "so far behind"????????

Love your pics ... and ALL of this!

Donna Phelan said...

Well between that photo and that sentiment, you've said it all! It's lovely!

catdidit said...

WoW!! Awesome page Tami! Makes me think I 'might' be able to do one , ONE day! LOL!

Tina Gilliland said...

How adorable! Very sweet page, Tami!

Jennie said...

What a sweet page Tami and LOVE the scoring.

Gayle said...

Love the simplicity of your page, Tami. I'm going to have to make an attempt to scrapbook again.

Ravengirl said...

Awwww, that is very sweet!

Lee (LuvLee on SCS) said...

Just too too toooo precious!! I love the use of the tag....gotta try that one when I attempt some actual "preserving memories".....HA!!

pamselinski said...

what a wonderful photo and the simplicity of just using color and one sentiment really allows the photo to speak and say everything. Wonderful

Olga said...

Sooo cute! Like the layout

crotnem said...

That is a sweet L/O

Lena's Creations said...

One of life's sweet moments that you captured beautifully!

Rosie Guiher said...

Great picture and the page is too! love the layering!

Regina said...

what a fun picture! Wonderful Layout!

Vesta said...

Great idea. It looks like a big card. That gives me some ideas.....

Anita Braddock said...

wow what a beautiful layout and how sweet the memories. the color and paper your choice is the perfect match of were the heart is.what a great photo. love love it, thanks for sharing.
abbraddock@msn.com

Donna said...

Love the simple and pretty layout, the lovely matting and just a bit of color is perfect.
Thanks for sharing
Donna

Lana Bisson said...

you made a simple page look adorable.. I love the colors and the quote is perfect for the pic...super job...

NJMullins said...

I have always hesitated when scrapping because I feel like I have to fill the page. Thanks for a beautiful and clean inspiration. Maybe I'll finish m wedding scrapbook after all!

Sonya van Stee said...

What a precious memory page of the special people in your life! I love all the pinks and how you incorporated so many different sets into one beautiful page! Love it!

The T-Shirt & Tole Shop said...

looks like a comfy place to be....and such a sweeet page. tfs

Cheri said...

Sweet, sweet photo! Great page.