Sunday, November 25, 2012

Core'dinations Hard Core Crop Challenge




Welcome to the 2nd Hard Core Crop! 


We are bringing in the Holiday season with challenges designed to get you inspired to create for the Holidays. Please make sure you head over to the Core blog for crop rules. And, if you feel like chatting, there is a Facebook HCC crop page here for you to chat and hang out with fellow Hard Core Croppers so make sure you head over there, too. You never know when challenges or giveaways will pop up!

Those who are familiar with my blog know that I love making Clean and Simple "10 minute cards". And here at the end of November with the clock quickly ticking what better way to get those Christmas cards made and ready to send.

So, my challenge is to create a Clean and Simple, "10 minute card" that can be quickly and easily mass produced. 

Here are some samples I made for the challenge, all using Core'dinations card stock, of course ;)
If you aren't familiar with the variety of card stock available you need to head over to the website, because you are missing out.  Core'dinations has evolved way beyond the Black Magic line they they first began with. There is everything from embossed designs to whitewashed colors to Kraft core to the amazing Core Essentials line. 

And that is only the beginning!
Just keep scrolling for a small sampling of colors and designs. 

First up I have a card with the Tim Holtz Kraft Core Nostalgic Collection
I simply made a card base from the card stock, embossed the pattern at the bottom using a Sizzix embossing folder, then sanded the whole panel.

I stamped the greeting on the back side of a scrap from the same sheet and cut it out.

Add some jute and it's done!!



Next up, I paired my Simple Snowflakes stamp set along with the Spotted 12x12 pre embossed card stock in Tille Snowflake with Core Essentials in Snowflake and Marine Blue. 
Add some May Arts ribbon and another card ready to mail!




My final card used the same Marine Blue Core Essentials along with a Whitewash card stock and Jillian Dot dotted swiss design.

You'll notice that the outside of the base looks white but the inside looks blue. That is the effect of the Cottage Porch color of Whitewash card stock I used.

The Marine Blue panel uses the same Sizzix embossing folder as the first card except on a Core Essentials panel for a completely different effect.

The snowflake (see image below card) is a Sizzix die cut that was cut from the awesome swiss dot style card stock called Jillian Dot.



Jillian Dot die cut snowflake


Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you will take time to play along with my challenge and create some quick and easy Christmas cards too!

Challenges must use the Mr Linky feature below. If you do not have a blog, please feel free to use Photobucket or Flickr or any other photo sharing sight and provide a link.

Challenges must include Core'dinations ColorCore Cardstock (and anything else you might want to add).

You may NOT combine this challenge with any of the other HCC challenges but you may complete this challenge as many times as you like.

You must link by 8 pm, December 2nd (Sunday).

We do ask that all creations are newly created for this event.

The winner of this challenge will receive the Core'dinations Cardstock Brights Collection pad.



9 comments:

ellen s. said...

I love the hint of embossing along the bottom. These are beautiful!

Beate said...

Oh girl!! Your samples are gorgeous! I will try. Though 10 minutes is probably overshooting it for me. If it's a 25 minute card....that's more doable for me. LOL
Hugs!

Katie said...

Love, love, love your style! I was so inspired to create my own "10 minute card." :)

Beate said...

I have some time today and hope to play along!

KellyG said...

Great cards! Just linked mine!

Tina Connolly said...

A great challenge and fab examples. I've just linked mine up.

Scraprageous said...

Beautiful cards! Love the quick creation time. Just uploaded my link.

Vicki Garrett said...

Such a fun challenge!

Alli said...

Sweet cards!
I just linked my card!
Loving these challenges!!!
Thanks for the inspiration!