Monday, April 01, 2013

Exciting news and a new toy from Sizzix!!

The last part of March has proven to be super busy. The last couple of weeks have totally slipped away from me. I haven't made a whole lot of cards lately as I have been training for my new position as Technical Editor at CardMaker. I also celebrated my birthday a little over a week ago. And baked a few more cakes with my new mixer. Then came Easter. Pretty sure business will continue another month or so as we finish up the last of school and take a week for Spring break mid-month and a few other family events. April is typically second only to December for staying busy around here. Definitely looking forward to Summer!!! 

I do have some exciting things to share today though. I can finally share some news I've been holding on to for a while. As of today, I am officially part of the Sizzix Design team!!


I mentioned on Facebook a week or so ago that I got a new toy just in time for my birthday. Well, now I can finally tell everyone about it without giving my secret away. 



As many of you know, I have been wanting an electronic die-cutting machine for quite some time now. I have an older machine but just kept looking at (wanting) a new machine. I have looked at the Sizzix eclips many times and have friends who have been huge enablers when it comes to this. I loved the fact that it can use both cartridges and cut files on the computer. As part of the Sizzix team I finally have a new machine and I will be the first to say-It is amazing. As I mentioned, it works both with or without a computer. Without the computer it uses cartridges with fonts and images. With the ecal software you can cut files from a ton of sources. For now, I just have the machine and starter cartridge but will definitely be getting more cartridges (already have one on the way!) and the computer software in a month or so. The eclips has tons of cool features and possibilities, way more than I could begin to cover in one post! I will be sharing LOTS more about it and what it can do. Today I have a quick card I made using the starter cartridge.

Here is what is on the starter cartridge:

Actually, it has even more than that! The letter can be cut as outlines, shadows, and 2 styles of tags. The shapes can be cut as outlines or shadows and several can even be cut out as pieces and with accessories.  The images can be sized to your needs as well. The eclips will cut up to a size 12x24 canvas in a variety of products.

Here is the first card I made.
I decided to make something to go along with the Moxie Fab World Chevron Challenge.


For it I used the heart image and a shadow outline from the starter cartridge (above).


I took the word "you" from the "thank you" image.
I attached the "you" with 3D foam squares, added gems and tied a piece of baker's twine around it.


I used my Big Shot die-cutting machine and the Textured Impressions chevron pattern embossing folder to make a background to match my new Doodlebug patterned paper.



Attach it all to a base and it's done!


Super easy!

In the past I had trouble with my cutter not cutting through my heavy papers and having to adjust and re-adjust. Not with the eclips. I was SO excited.  I used Gina K Designs Pure Luxury black card stock in a 100lb weight. I told the machine I was using a heavy weight cardstock, hit cut and it cut like a hot knife through butter-the very first time!! For the patterned paper I set it to lightweight cardstock and again--perfect. I am very excited about this new tool and will without a doubt have lots to share about it and what it can do in the near future. I can hardly wait to get the software and create cut files to go with my stamp line. EEKS!

I'd love to know what you think!
Is there anything you'd like to know about this new tool?
Leave me a comment and I'll be sure to post more answering you questions.

Thanks for stopping by and letting me share my news!



Find Me Here:






9 comments:

Richele Christensen said...

Congratulations!! Welcome to the team!!
Love your card!

Richele Christensen said...

Congrats and Welcome to the team!!
Love your card!

Donna Phelan said...

Well Happy Sprng and congratulations on all of your wonderful news! Whahoo!

DeborahDOH said...

Congrats and what an awesome opportunity! I can't wait to hear more about the Eclips as I have been wanting an electronic machine to compliment my Vagabond (and various other Sizzix machines).

Regina Hamilton said...

Congratulations....

Michelle (sf9erfan) said...

Woohoo! First, congrats on being Technical Editor at CM!! How flippin' cool is that? I am not sure what that entails, but it sure sounds great. AND congrats on the Sizzix team! This is a really amazing opportunity for you. BIG hugs to you my friend!!

richardbreaks said...

Well, Tami, that is such FUN news! Congrats to you!! I hope you have the BEST time!

Jingle said...

I LOVE your super cute card!!!

gmanshk said...

I absolutely love this card! the colors and compostion are awesome. thanks for sharing