Thursday, October 31, 2013

Sizzix Milk Carton Box treat holder

A few days ago I shared a project with the new Thinlits-Milk Carton box die.
Today, I am going to show you a fun way to dress it up simply by using the contents as an embellishment. 
For this project I added a window to the box.



First I cut the box from the double-sided patterned paper:


Next I placed the Mini Tattered Leaves Movers & Shapers die over the panel I wanted the window to be in and taped it in placed with removable tape. 
(You could use Framelits or Thinlits dies for this step as well)


I then placed it in the Movers & Shapers Base tray and die-cut the leaf from the box panel.


This is what I ended up with.


I then adhered a piece of acetate to the inside of the box over the die-cut opening.


Next it was just a matter of folding along the scored lines and adhering the tabs.


Finally, I filled the box with candy and tied the top closed.

This project would work with any shape that will fit within the panel. 
Try balloons or cupcakes for birthdays, snowflakes and stockings for winter, flowers for Spring or even a simple circle with a greeting stamped on the acetate!


Find Me Here:






No comments: