Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Tim Holtz Countdown to Creativity Home Decor Canvas

Eeeeek! 
Have you SEEN the new Tim Holtz dies coming from Sizzix? 
Tim has pre-leased three new dies ahead of CHA- Jumbo Tattered Florals, Garden Greens, and Spring Greenery!  
You can read all about them on Tim’s blog
You can also find more design team projects and samples on the Sizzix website.

I have not only seen them but tried them out and they are amazing!!! 
SO amazing that they inspired me to do something other than a clean and simple card! *gasp* Yep, you heard that right. I used them to make this canvas for my bedroom. 


I pulled the colors from my quilt and layered them on. 
I used the vines from the Sizzix Bigz Die - Garden Greens as a mask and painted the canvas navy blue and sprinkled it with glitter. Once  dry I covered that in tulle. Then I cut a variety of flowers from glittery felt and tulle using Sizzix Bigz XL Die - Jumbo Tattered Florals and layered them onto the canvas. I added some buttons, pearls and some of the painted vines I had used for masks. For the monogram I used my Eclips and ecal software.

I LOVE these new dies! They will be available for stores to order in January at CHA so be sure to ask your local store to add them to their list so you can try them too!!!


And speaking of Tim Holtz dies...I have another project tutorial on the blog today using more Tim Holtz dies that are available right now! Here's a peek:





Find Me Here:






1 comment:

Donna Phelan said...

Love your M canvas, how creative! Great for a kids room! I also LOVE that tag with the window die cut and trees, great rustic look and feel! Merry Merry!