Hi All! Today I have a fun and easy canvas wall decor idea that will add sparkle to any home. The majority of my home is red, white and blue so I chose to use that color scheme along with a fun snowflake design and lots of sparkle using silver Glitter Silk cardstock and some glitter paint.
Winter Canvas Supplies:
- Core’dinations Glitter Silk Cardstock (Silver Mist)
- Core'dinations Darks Color Core cardstock pad (Navy)
- 12 x 12 canvas
- DecoArt matte Decou-Page medium
- DecoArt paints: Americana acrylic (Tuscan Red); Glamour Dust (Ice Crystal)
- Kandi Corp red hot-fix rhinestones
- Kandi Corp hot-fix setting tool
- Sizzix eClips 2 electronic cutter
- Kolette Hall Split Shapes electronic cutting file from LoriWhitlock.com
Step 1: Paint canvas using Tuscan Red acrylic paint. Recoat as desired allowing to dry in between coats. Let dry completely.
Step 2: Paint canvas with a thin layer of Ice Crystal Glamour Dust glitter paint.
Step 3: Size split snowflake design to fit canvas. Cut-out from silver Glitter Silk cardstock using eClips 2 electronic cutter.
Step 4: Size name so that height fits within opening of snowflake. Cut-out from Navy ColorCore cardstock using eClips 2 electronic cutter.
Step 5: Apply Decou-page medium to back of snowflake pieces.
Step 6: Adhere snowflake pieces to canvas adding extra medium as needed.
Step 7: Brush entire canvas with Decou-page medium. Attach name; brush over image with additional medium. Let dry completely.
Step 8: Attach hot-fix rhinestones as desired.
And there you have it!