Mother's Day is fast approaching so if you haven't already made your cards, tags and gifts now is the time to get started! I have a few "Mom" projects to share that I have recently created. For today's project I have a quick and easy tag design.
- Core'dinations Core Tags: Large White, Pastel Assorted
- Core'dinations Gemstones Collection amethyst cardstock
- Core'dinations Core Essentials Pastels Collection cardstock (purple)
- 3 light purple self-adhesive rhinestones
- White self-adhesive pearl
- May Arts ribbon: light purple, light purple gingham
- Sizzix dies: Thinlits Mixed Media (#660220), Bigz XL Block Talk Capital (#658563), Bigz Borders & Hydrangeas (#657721 )
- Sizzix Big Shot die-cutting machine
- Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L: 3D foam squares, Dodz adhesive dots
1. Remove metal eyelet from light purple tag. *Tip: Removing the eyelet from the bottom tag allows easy layering without extra bulk.
2. Die-cut Mixed Media shape from center of white tag; attach on top of purple tag using foam squares. For this step you will use a Sizzix sandwich of your Sizzix Big Shot die-cutting machine and sandwich of the Magnetic Platform, a Standard Cutting Pad, white tag, the Sizzix Thinlits Mixed Media die (cutting side down), and, finally, the second Cutting Pad.
3. Die-cut "MOM" from Gemstones cardstock; attach to tag using foam squares. Attach rhinestones along right edge. For Bigz dies, such as this begin with the a Standard Cutting Pad, followed by the Block Talk Capital die (cutting side up), cardstockr and the second Cutting Pad.
4. Wrap tag with ribbon as shown; tie in a knot.
5. Die-cut three flower layers from pastel purple cardstock using the same Sizzix sandwich as in Step 3; shape as desired.
6. Layer die-cut flowers using foam squares. Attach pearl to center; attach to tag.
7. Tie ribbon through top of tag. And there you have it!
Note: This tag can easily be changed to a Father's Day tag by changing the colors and adding a more masculine element in place of the flower!
Find Me Here: