Saturday, September 05, 2015

Changing one element makes CAS both vintage and modern

Well, the last time I looked it was a humid 94 degrees out! But it's nice a cool here at my desk and I'm creating for fall. Today, I made two cards that are alike in design but quite different in style.



When the new Lighthearted Leaves set came out in the Stampin'  Up! Holiday Catalog and I realized that the Vintage Leaves set from the Annual catalog worked with the same die set I obviously had to have both! ;) So, for today's cards I made two Clean and Simple (CAS) cards that are basically the same--both are created with Cajun Craze and Daffodil Delight. Both have the same Clean and Simple layout. Both have the same Gorgeous Grunge background. Both have the same die-cut leaf shape. BUT by changing the main image and base color you get two totally different looks!

First, you have the classic vintage look. I used the Vintage Leaves set and combined it with a Crumb Cake background.




Then you have the more modern look. For this card I used the Lighthearted Leaves set and colored in part of the image with a marker.



I really love how these sets can work together and at the same time give a totally different look.

Which is your favorite??










Find Me Here:




2 comments:

Parker said...

I like the comparison, plus it shows two different foreground sets. Now that's great thinkin' . May all your goodnesses be blessed.

TN Granny said...

Tami, I may not participate in your blog stuff but I love your cards, your enthusiasm of life and your energy. I love reading about how far you've come and it makes me so happy. Keep up the great work.
An old acquaintance.