As part of the May Arts design team we were recently issued a Pinterest inspired challenge. In that challenge we were to use the inspiration piece below and make it our own.
When I think Spring I think flowers—and I especially love gorgeous red flowers! Admittedly, when it comes to craft projects I typically find I am not a “frilly” crafter. But, I dearly love the 2.5 Inch Ivory Sheer Frayed Flower Ribbon from May Arts and tend to reach for it when embellishing DIY projects. The first thing that caught my eye about the inspiration piece was the coloring of that particular flower ribbon. Even though I never light them, I adore the look of decorative candles. So, I decided to use my DecoArt So Soft fabric paint to create a pepper red flower and embellish this custom votive, which I can add to the Americana décor that adorns my home throughout the year.
- 2.5 Inch Ivory Sheer Frayed Flower Ribbon (#393-25-09)
- 7/8 inch Red Solid Checkered Ribbon (#AKB-14)
- Navy Wired Edge Fringe Ribbon (#528-15-03)
- 3/8 Inch Multi-Size Beaded String – White (#524-38-01)
- DecoArt So Soft fabric paint (red pepper)
- Foam brush
- Glass votive
- Hot glue
1. Wrap the votive with Navy Wired Edge Fringe Ribbon followed by 7/8 inch Red Solid Checkered Ribbon.
2. Paint the 2.5Inch Ivory Sheer Frayed Flower Ribbon with So Soft fabric paint; let dry.
3. Cut out flower design; adhere to votive.
4. Cut bead from 3/8 Inch Multi-Size Beaded String – White; adhere to flower center.
And, there you have it!
Find Me Here:
*This post may contain linked products which are affiliate links. These links help support my crafty habit as I do receive a small fee for purchases made through those links and appreciate your support. While I carefully choose which products appear in my posts and only use products I believe are top-of-the-line, linked products used may have been received free of charge for use on my blog.