Hello again!! Due to a recent surgery I had to take some time off from crafting but I am finally back up to speed again. My desk is all cleaned off, I have some great new supplies to play with and I'm working on lots of projects to share (including some guest designer projects!). If you follow me on Instagram you've probably already saw a peek of some of the things I am working on. Truth be told, I am much better at posting random photos and a quick sentence than I am blogging! But for my blog readers here I am, ready to share one of my newest cards with you.
This card uses some of the latest Tim Holtz dies from Sizzix and some new stamps I recently ordered from Verve Stamps. Both of which I am loving!! Keep reading for a list of supplies step-by-step instructions and tips when creating.
Core'dinations gold Glitter Silk cardstock
Simple Stories 6x6 patterned papers: yellow dot, light blue dot, pink dot
Verve Let It Be stamp set
Clearsnap licorice ink pad
Pink sheer ribbon
Pink self-adhesive rhinestone
MISTI stamping tool
Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L®: EZ runner, 3D foam squares. Adhesive sheets
- Form a 4.25 x 5.5-inch top-fold card from kraft cardstock.
- Cut a piece of yellow dotted paper slightly smaller than card base; adhere to card front.
- Attach adhesive sheet to back of glitter cardstock.
- Die-cut Thinlits Mini Globe shape from glitter cardstock; adhere to card front using photo as a guide.
- Stamp sentiment onto light blue dotted paper; cut out and V-notch end creating a banner. Adhere to card front.
- Die-cut heart shape from pink dotted paper using Bigz Heartfelt die. Attach to card front using 3D Foam Squares.
- Embellish heart with pink rhinestone.
- Wrap card front with ribbon; tie into a bow.
Ideas to note:
--Before die-cutting intricate designs such as the Mini Globe, attach an adhesive sheet to the back of your cardstock. Once die-cut, peel off the backing and attach to project.
--Use the Sizzix Die Brush with foam pad to thoroughly remove the small areas from the die-cut globe.
*Use the following Sizzix sandwiches when die-cutting the pieces:
Magnetic Platform, a Standard Cutting Pad, glitter paper, die (cutting side down), and, finally, the second Standard Cutting Pad.
Standard Cutting Pad, followed by the die (cutting side up), paper/cardstock and the second Cutting Pad.
Thanks for stopping by today! Be sure to stop by again tomorrow for my latest DIY home decor project featuring some fun techniques, awesome products and PRIZES!
Find Me Here:
*This post may contain linked products which are affiliate links. These links help support my crafty habit as I do receive a small fee for purchases made through those links and appreciate your support. While I carefully choose which products appear in my posts and only use products I believe are top-of-the-line, linked products used may have been received free of charge for use on my blog.